Saturday, September 12, 2009

You are the vine!

God, my God, you are so faithful.

He never lets us down does He? naw, never. So I really don't have a purpose or point for this blog other than i just wanna ramble.. =) this week has been an up and down one, but a great one =) without the downs we would never grow in our walks or in our faith. work is wonderful and i really wouldn't have it any other way. we basically worked our first retreats this week and weekend.. it was actually really fun.. i love doing work for people and seeing how grateful they are. so rewarding. we clean a lot and you know what? i really don't mind it! it is actually pretty fun getting to talk to the gang and be dorks and sing and just do whatever you feel like doing as long as you are cleaning and getting the job done =) =) we as interns actually do pretty much every job they have here in some way, shape, or form. haha.. for these past few retreats i have worked the zip line, in the kitchen, cleaned a lot, been a server, worked with the horses, and was supposed to work with paintball, but it was raining and they didn't need me. that is just a list of what i did. my fellow interns did a lot of other things as well that we will each be switching in and out of on the different weekends..love my job.

so, my last blog was pretty much about a struggle of mine.. i hate having struggles, but i love it at the same time because i know when i am struggling i am growing. see i know that running to the Lord for guidance won't fail us and i learn that every time i run to Him, so why don't i run to Him right away??? well cause i am a human who is too small to do it alone.. i need Him far more than i know and i am coming to realize that the more and more i grow. i need Him for everything... i can not do any of the things i have done, am doing, and will do without Him. one of my favorite verses is John 15:5.. I am the vine and you are the branches. He who abides in me and I in him will bare much fruit. For apart from me you can do NOTHING. Wow, hits ya hard sometimes.. even when writing i learn. I so badly need to live out the fruits of the Spirit and i have been running to the Lord for that in my life and with this verse i learn i can accomplish living out the fruits if i abide in Him and He in i. apart from Him i can do nothing.. nothing. it is all Him in me. i write these things really to remind myself that it isn't me who produces the fruit.. it isn't me who does great things, but Jesus Christ who lives in me and works through me. see i have realized how far from perfect i am.. how nasty my heart is.. i am so thankful i have Him living and working in me because i could never produce any fruit being the nasty person i am without Him.

thank you God for your truths, for your word, for your faithfulness in my life, for living in me, for using me, for molding me. i am nothing without You. continue to work in my life getting rid of those nasty parts of me that do not bring You glory. i love you, Amen.

your daughter,
beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment