Tuesday, September 8, 2009

mandatory fun day/ day off/ a little bit of work/ thoughts? haha

















Sunday, Matt took us to Pretty Boy Reservoir.. it was an awesome 5 mile hike with hills, rocks, and crazy small paths.. we ended at the Pretty Boy Dam, which was pretty amazing it self. I was pretty proud of myself being able to make it with my legs just getting back into action.. my calves were pretty darn sore the next day! =) it's a good thing though. On our hike Sarah, LaDessa, and Ryan got attacked by bees cause someone made them angry! haha Ryan got stung 3 times.. sad day.. haha anyways.. our fearless leader was Doc Holiday.. the beautiful dog above. There was an awesome tree that Matt found on our hike back so we decided to have a little photo shoot. It wasn't that easy for me to get up there, but I did! haha We stopped by the dam and Matt talked to us about what we want to make this year for ourselves. Man the thoughts were going wild in my head.. there are so many things I want to do here.. I want to grow in my faith.. not just grow, but reallllyyy become an image of Christ. There are so many things that I have to work on. The Lord is helping me in those areas that need some cleaning up in my life. =) My goal is to truly live with a heart that has all the fruit's of the Spirit. I want to live a life of humility that, if I am truly honest with my self, I fall pretty short of.

Yesterday was our first day off! Let me tell you, I love not being in school! haha random thought I know, but now my days off aren't spent catching up on school work that is impossible to get done during the week playing softball and going to class at the same time! Anyway, I woke up and got a great run in.. I have been running regularly now and am so grateful that the surgery has fixed my legs!! Truly a blessing from the Lord. He always takes care of me and I am so undeserving. Then my crew and I went to Chic-fil-a and got our free sandwiches because it was represent your team day so we had to wear sports jerseys or clothing. There were 4 of us wearing clothes that I had from the redskins, nationals, liberty softball, and sandy cove! haha I loved it so much.. then we headed to walmart and got some goodies. The boys went and bought rock band and so we obviously came back and played that for a while.. =)

Thanks for reading.. love yall!

God, use this internship to change my life, my heart, and my soul. Use it to grow me in my faith and mold me into a woman after your own heart. Give me one pure and holy passion, to know and follow hard after you.

No comments:

Post a Comment