Tuesday, December 21, 2010

in the no.

i heard a sermon this sunday that moved me. i have to admit i have been in a spiritual low lately... you know the kind where things just feel heavy?? it's been like that a while.. hard to pray, less sensitive to the Spirit's leading, and just not "feeling" much.. i am not sure exactly what brings times on like these.. maybe it is just me and my human fault, but maybe it is just part of life.. but, this Sunday i was challenged to evaluate my yes' and no's.. how am i living my life in the margins? the time on the outside? i realize i thrive on my life with people and those relationships.. that means i tend to say yes to everything and everyone. but, a quote my pastor said really caught my attention.. "the quantity of my no's determines the quality of my yes'." mmm, that is the truth. i have already started saying no to not just time with people, but to "things" as well that grab my attention in life. saying no helps me to grow in my spiritual life by weeding out distractions and taking time for relationship...Lord, i pray that you will help me to evaluate my yes's and no's in life and help me to prioritize my life in a way that honors you. thank you that no is not always a negative answer. thank you for not leaving me and teaching me in those valleys. amen.

shine.on.

beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment