Thursday, October 1, 2009

coming up for air.

hmmm. my b. it's been a while.. that's cause we have been busier than normal. this is me coming up for air and taking a break.. i have realized the more i grow in my faith that i need alone time.. i actually got a great day and a half just sitting, being, being with my Lord. it was last weekend.. the rest of the interns went to jersey to bill's house.. i really really wanted to go, but i knew that i needed some time with the Lord and time alone.. i needed to talk to Him, to read His word, and to just be with Him. it's hard to find time like that these days. we are basically out in the morning and not back until night and there are so many things we have to get done. i know i am here to work and i am not complaining by any means, it just shows me that i need to make time for the Lord. if it requires less sleep than i must do that. i need that time with Him to grow and to keep myself in check to serve Him with my whole heart. it's amazing how not spending time with Him and in His word really effects me.. more than i knew it did until i started to spend less time. i had a rough night last night.. you know how sometimes you just get down? really for no reason, just everything seems to weigh a lot more than it really does. yeah, it was a need to talk to mommy night. i hate times like that and at the same time i know that i have to go through them.. God uses everything and every time in my life. i know that i must go through highs and lows.. i just really felt the spiritual warfare on my heart last night.. it was weird.. then God gave me exactly what i needed the next morning.. how awesome He always is!! i get up at 6am to run with one of our director's wife and she didnt show this morning.. i couldn't be happier, not that i didnt have to run, but that God was giving me the time i needed to spend with Him!! it makes me wanna cry, but why should i be surprised??? He ALWAYS takes care of me. i got to spend the time i needed with Him this morning.. thank you Lord.. i am so in Love with you.. please let Your light shine through me, through the darkness.

to update on what we are doing.. we have been hosting retreats like usual and also working on our annual corn maize!! it is a 6 acre corn maize that is open every sat this october.. it is basically a little fall festival type deal.. so cute and i can not wait to run/play in it! i cant wait for some rvr/ liberty people to come visit that i have gotten to know! they are so fun and really are sold out for the Lord. i love that. we have been cleaning a lot and working meals.. pretty normal stuff.. we have also been working on our support letters to send out and raise support to work the internship.. i am well on my way from selling tie-dye t-shirts.. it has really been such a blessing to see the sales.. i am really grateful and humbled that they have been selling.. i know it is the work of the Lord. so, this is random, but i have been thinking/praying about missions.. it's just been on my mind so i will keep praying and thinking about it. love yall.

-beth.

1 comment:

  1. Its amazing at how when we really need time with God, He always seems to provide the time.

    ReplyDelete