Tuesday, June 15, 2010

graduation, vacation, and the start of summer sensation!

ok summer sensation means summer camp... i just wanted to keep the theme going :) yeah so it's been a few weeks and i hate to say i think it is going to become a summer trend. i get internet access around once a week now that camp has begun. the first week of actual campers doesn't start till sunday, but after that i won't be blogging much because i will be crazy busy working and serving the Lord at RVR!

i graduated from the internship about 2 weeks ago. it was a special evening! we were allowed to invite guests and of course i invited my camp family from sandy cove. my cove family and the ranch family together.. it was lovely. watched a slide show, ate some good food, gave some speeches, and gave some gifts! i am going to miss being a group of 6 with those guys. some of my greatest friendships are coming out of this program.

after graduation stephen and i headed on a road trip throughout virginia! our first stop was lynchburg, va where i went to college and played ball! visited my softball coach and then met up with my pastor and his wife, one of my best friends! dinner with Donna and Darren was so needed and so refreshing.. i was reminded of how much i truly miss them and valued their friendship and example in my life. on our way to Powhatan after dinner we stopped to visit my grandmother who lived right on the way. it was a lovely visiting and we had some much needed quality time.

got to powhatan and spent the next day and a half with mommy. got to see my best friend since 1st grade! kristin was our waitress for lunch so it was a great way to get to see her even though she had to work. after lunch we had some down time and reading time. waited for mommy to get home and then we made our way to my other grandparents side. had great time with them and then ate some dinner with mommy at a bbq place.

the next morning mommy and i made some breakfast before stephen and i made our way to dad's bay house. for our last day and a half we spent time with daddy and some other friends as well as my sister. we rode jet skis, laid out, got some sun, went swimming, through a softball, did some reading, walked around, ate some ice cream, ate some good meals, and enjoyed some time of my dad's story telling.. i missed those days!

what a great vacation to start off a great summer... it is now orientation week at the Ranch.. last week was leadership week.. things are going great.. there is still a lot that needs to be done, but i have released it to the Lord.. i am struggling between freaking out and trusting Him completely, but i can do it! my counselors are solid and i cant wait to see how the Lord uses them.. i am just praying i can be a help to that and encourage them as well. please be in prayer for me throughout the summer that the Lord would work through me and give me wisdom and strength to run the program well!

Lord, you are in control.. control me.. be my focus and take my stress and anxiety away.. give me wisdom and direction to lead this program well. i love you! amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment