Tuesday, March 30, 2010

rain.

so the past 2 days it has been raining..most of us complain, me included. i've been more aware of my thoughts lately and so after complaining to myself about the rain, i started thinking about it. so many of us call rainy days yucky, blah, down, gross, or bad weather, but without rain we wouldn't have life. we sing that silly song for the rain to come back another day, but when are we really ready for the rain to come back another day?? pretty much never..we are spoiled by the sunshine. the rain is what makes the sunshine days so beautiful. it makes me think and compare it to trials in our lives.. without the trials how could we appretiate the life God has given us. we have to go through the fire to become pure and we have to go through the pain to feel His love and healing power. and just like the rain is a reason to be grateful, so are the trials. they open are eyes to the beautiful life God is giving us... and so when i thought about it, i questioned my complaints and realized that i should be grateful for these days. these days are the precurser for the days that bring us so much joy. and with that said, rainy days can bring us joy knowing that the next day will be bright and beautiful. so go play in the rain and enjoy it :)

finding joy,

beth

1 comment:

  1. Great post Beth! You'll have to check out my blog as well: www.unyieldingjoy.blogspot.com. I'm glad you told me about yours in your letter! - Jess

    ReplyDelete