Tuesday, May 4, 2010

learning.

i've been learning things all my life, but it seems that has been the theme of these past 10 days. i have been learning patience, learning to trust more, learning to stay positive, learning to have faith in all things, learning how to work in different atmospheres, and learning a lot about myself. maybe it's part of the first year after school and on your own kinda thing. i have really been anxious about what's next for me.. what is the next step of my life after the internship? i've been weighing a few options and most of them are jobs you can work without a college degree.. do i care? not really. do others care? yes, they do and i know it isn't a judgmental care, but the kind that they just want better for me.. but what if that is better for me? what if a few part time jobs is the right thing for me next? i understand and appreciate people wanting more for me, but i want what God wants for me and if that means working in housekeeping, at a starbucks, for ups, or anywhere that doesn't require a college degree, than i am ok with that. of course my ideal next step would be into a full-time salary paying job, but like i said before i am learning to have patience and that means if the next few steps aren't in a full-time job that is ok because i know those steps will lead to the next steps and to the new doors that will be opened.

thank you Lord for being patient with me when i am anxious about my future. i know you are writing my story so i need not to worry. forgive me when i do because that is showing my lack of trust. i trust you and help me to trust you more where i fall short. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment