Sunday, February 21, 2010

this weight is heavy..

another week gone and another week in this internship of learning and growth. last sunday was valentine's day.. the interns and i went out with my boyfriend stephen..we had plans to go to outback, but a 3 hour wait was a little much.. we went to ihop instead. a wonderful alternative when you are all dressed up :) i had such a wonderful time. i love seeing people i love all together.. it is one of the biggest blessings in life. later that evening, stephen and i went to grab dessert at one of our favorite restaurant's. the table next to us was a family that had gone to the cove for a few summers and were one of my favorite families that really impacted my life. i hadn't seen them in a few summers so it was such a blessing how God places little wonderful surprises in our lives.

winter meltdown number 4 finished today.. another successful weekend of sharing Christ with teenagers. something wasn't right with me.. i felt the weight of everything in my life the whole weekend.. it turns out that i have a big decision to make about the summer and i am at a loss of what to decide.. for some reason it's weighing on me heavier than i thought. i think it may have carried over into the weekend.. i am still feeling it now. i believe that spiritual warfare is a real thing.. a thing that most of us don't like talking about, me included. satan attacks in many different ways, shapes, and forms. this weekend i felt under attack. when it came time to recite my long poem i was feeling extra hot and my mouth was abnormally dry. i didn't think too much about it.. that doesn't really effect me because this was my 4th time saying this poem.. i wasn't nervous.. close to a 3rd of the way through i was so hot and my mouth was so dry i didn't know how the words were coming out of my mouth. i was speaking and thinking different things.. in my mind i was freaking out, but the words of the poem were pouring out..i finished and i was shaking.. i know it wasn't nerves because i would have stopped and i would have not been able to finish.. God was the one speaking, He was the one moving my lips and speaking the words...in my head i heard mumbling.. in the speakers i heard words.. words of His poem.. satan didn't want people to hear it, God had other plans.. God had BIGGER plans.. thank you God for picking me up for being my Savior and for being my Hero.
it almost happened again today.. it was starting to happen, but stopped when i was finished.. i don't know what is going on, but i know i have someone protecting me and fulfilling His plans regardless of what the ruler of this evil world wants..

loved,
beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment